Monday, November 11, 2013

*Queue 'Nicorette Celebrate Song'*

I did something this morning, that I have never done before......

I worked out before work.

Okay, so for most people what I did isn't a workout, I woke up at 6am and took Puppy Dog for a mile walk, but I'm totally counting it. If I can turn this into the norm, then that would be a great addition to my days!!

We had some discussions about how this is a "WALK, not a SNIFF," however the end result is still cardio done first thing in the morning - which will set my metabolism in place for the rest of  the day.

Additionally, pretty big news - last Monday I weighed in at 216 when I was at my Drs Appointment, this morning I weighed in at 207! DEFINITELY a nice motivator.

I have this little tracker that I found online that I keep posted at my desk, and I mark EACH pound off. Every 5 lbs I reward myself somehow.



Sometimes its something small, like an eyebrow waxing or a manicure or pedicure. Sometimes its something big - like a day trip to the Aquarium after I have lost 20 lbs, or a trip to see my Best Friend in Portland after losing 40 lbs! The point for me is to reward myself with things that are not food.

Just another 3 lbs and I can order myself a new pillow!!!!Hey now, don't diss the pillow - proper neck position is important!

......suck it.


No comments:

Post a Comment