Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 6 - (I feel like I should make a Stix joke here, but I am refraining)

I'm getting pretty good at talking myself out of bed (not to be confused with being talked INTO bed....) in the mornings. Almost through a whole week!

In the past 24 hours however, I have made two AWESOME additional discoveries.

#1 - Mendocino Mustard - Hot & Sweet


I wouldn't have believed me if you had told me before, however A) This stuff is wonderfully awesome tasting and B) Nutrition wise its amazing as well!
Total Fat: 0g
Total Cal: 20
Sodium: 0g
Total Carb: 3g

#2 - What started off as inspiration from this recipe over at  Simple & Skinny - Hummus Tomato & Avocado Sandwich, has now turned into this due to some tweaking on my end (also, not to be confused with twerking, which will never happen your dirty people) :

Tomato & Avocado Open Face Sandwich

2 Slices Large  Tomato
1 Half Medium Avocado
2 Slices Ezekiel 4:9 Organic Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread
1 Tsp Mendocino Mustard - Hot & Sweet Mustard
2 Tbsp Eating Right Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Lightly Toast Bread and Evenly distribute both Mustard & Hummus over one side of each slice of bread. . Slice Avocado & Tomato and Place on top of bread. Eat.

OK, So I'm not the most animated Recipe writer - nor am I a talented food photographer, however you get the point. I ran the calculations and this comes in at the following nutritional value:

Total Fat: 13g (at least 10 of these come from the Avocado and are good fats!)
Total Cal: 351
Sodium: 288g
Total Carb: 44g
Protein: 10g (With 8 of these coming from the bread!)

Its a little higher on the sodium then I would like, half of the sodium comes from the bread & the other half comes from the hummus - so I think I'm going to look into both of those items next time I buy to see if I can find lower sodium options. I know for a fact that the Ezekiel bread offers one, so I may have to purchase it next time.

The point is this - I could probably eat this sandwich every day and be happy. It SUPER TASTY! (no, not 'THUPER! SUPER!) At least for the moment I have found something that I can eat for lunch that totally satisfies me, which I am finding is half the battle.

I was hoping to mix it up a bit this weekend and go on a hike! Unfortunately, though It looks like I will be doing quite a bit of driving, instead.

'Till tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment